I may have been missing from the WordPress world and blogging scene but hey, I am me – I do as I please.
C’est la vie
But let’s get back to it.
Picking up where we last left off – I’m still not allowed on The Great British Bake Off, this time being because I’ve spent a few measley months being employed as a chef. Commis pastry, don’t you know (you probably do know, I tell EVERYONE)
I’m still waiting for the BBC to concoct a TV series specifically for me and for my vocation of making you all really rolly and properly podgy to be answered.
But anyway, here’s what we’re all here for.
These little bars of goodness are SENSATIONAL. Or so the feedback tells me.
White chocolate chip and Oreo cookie bars
· 2 cups brown sugar
· 2/3 cup salted butter (softened)
· 3 eggs
· 1 tsp vanilla
· 2 1/2 cup plain flour
· 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
· 10(ish) Oreos (crushed)
· 100g white chocolate chips
Top with 2 extra OREOs and a Handful of white chocolate chips
How it goes:
1. Pre-heat oven to160. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer. Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. Mix the baking powder with 1 cup of flour. Pour into the butter mixture and stir in the rest of the flour. Fold in Oreos and chocolate chips.
2. Line a 13×9 tin with foil and press dough into pan with flour on your hands. Place in oven and bake for 25-35 minutes on until lightly browned. Test with a tooth pick.
3. If you want you can take the bars out 15 minutes of the way through and top with Oreos and white chocolate chips.
4. Allow bars to cool and cut!
NOW EAT. Embrace sugary goodness as it runs through your veins and eat until your hearts content